Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Fun One - I'm still here!!

You know how I've been taking this month easy when it comes to blogging? Well I haven't been doing nothing. Here is my latest project,


It's a Tashi costume for my nephew. They have book week at school next week and he will be wearing this for the book parade. I actually had a bit of trouble finding any pictures of Tashi online, but I think it turned out alright in the end.

I've also been re-arranging the house more and more. It takes a lot of time because I need to work in the space to know if it's practical or not and then I need to move or adjust things to improve the space. I'm actually growing more and more fond of having a sewing house rather than a sewing room now though, so that's good. The only real issue is that I can't close a door and hide away my work when we have guests over. I don't mind too much, but if there are kids involved then I would be concerned for their safety, with having scissors, pins and the iron fairly accessible now...

I came across this blog recently and left a comment and then I was mentioned in a post! Wow! I feel so special!! I'll have to make some of the quilts I recommended to Sarah. I really should start finishing some of the ones I've already started too.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and post to let you all know that I'm still around and still crafting. I hope you are too!

For my special friend who is going through some horrible things at the moment, I'm praying for you and your family and I hope we can catch up soon for some quality time together. Enjoy the rest of your holiday though!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, What pattern did you use for the Tashi shirt. I'm looking for one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete