Friday, September 21, 2012

Sewtember Day Twenty-One - Family Friday


We spent the day with my brother's family. My assistant loves spending time at their house and now she has worked out how to get on and off the trampoline unassisted she loves it even more. I think we might need to invest in some kind of outdoor play things, like swings or a tramp or a slide. Or we could re-hang our tyre swing.


Better suited to adults though.
(This looks like an ad for toothpaste or something, but it's really our tyre swing being used by some of our friends).

On the way home I needed to tend to someone's garden while they are away and I found these. They're little rhubarbs. When I looked at them the other day you could hardly see them, so I feel good that they're growing. I'm thinking about getting back into my vege patch soon too.


Our landscaper was working so hard today. I think the fence needs to be back by tomorrow so that Oscar can come home, poor puppy. It's looking really good. I only just got out to take a photo though, so it's a bit dark, but you can see it.


I think it looks great! What do you think?


Seeing as I was out all day and got so much done over the last few days, I've taken it easy with the sewing today. I haven't pushed for more time on a particular project or anything. But I have done a little bit of work on that order I mentioned the other day. Here is the drawing of the emblem I will applique onto it.


Here are a couple of others I made recently. Well in the last 6 months anyway...



I'm feeling so much more positive today, it's amazing. I love hanging out with my family. My brother and his wife are just so encouraging. They have great kids too, so it's really easy to stay at their house all day...the time goes by so fast and it never feels like long enough. 
Actually in the coming weeks I might be making skirts with her too. I'm totally pumped for it! I love skirts for little girls because they are cute and fast to make, so it gives a great sense of achievement when you finish one.

I really should head to bed though, I have a big weekend with birthdays and my high school reunion (I'm starting to feel old). I'll be back tomorrow with photos of the presents for you.

Sweet (sewing) dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment